Outfit / Mondrian Irma | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Mondrian Irma

    

Outfit / Mondrian Irma

Wednesday, April 5

LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers

I am forever thankful for my casual office--it means I can get away with comfy casual cute on Mondays. This belted Mondrian-esque tunic (an Irma--more on my new LuLaRoe obsession later) was the perfect mix of office-appropriate and laid-back fun.   

LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers


LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers


LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers

Raise your hand if you've heard of LuLaRoe! I hadn't up until December, when my mom and I perused a pop up shop at a Christmas market. And then I found out my mother's coworker was a consultant. And then I found out a friend from college was a consultant. And then I found out my best friend's friend was a consultant. And on February 11th I made my first purchase (two pairs of leggings--does anyone not start with leggings?) and it's been downhill (uphill?) from there. I've since put myself in "LuLa Jail"--no shopping!

LuLaRoe is known for their leggings--affectionately referred to as "buttery soft"--and their unconventional retail format--either pop-ups or online sales. Though the leggings are comfy, they are far from my favorite piece this company makes--that would be the Amelia, which I'm sure will be featured soon! I'm not the biggest fan of the online sales if because I like to see and feel what I'm buying in person, but I have to admit they've tapped into a great way to encourage fast and easy sales: comment "sold" and you'll have an invoice very soon.

The top pictured here is the Irma, designed to go with the LuLaRoe leggings. Since everyone is curious about sizing, I'm wearing an XXS (I'm 5'4"). I'm happy to wear an XXS unbelted for the ultimate comfy-casual vibe, but for my cold office setting I opted for a long-sleeved black tee underneath and a belt. (I also own a M, which I think is as large as I am willing to go. That size almost necessitates belting, and is nearly a dress on me.)

LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers


LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers

LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers

A note about my bag: I bought this almost two years ago before an internship interview, at the company I later became employed at full time, and where I still work :)

I'm on the hunt for a new, large black handbag, as this has seen far better days. I've used it virtually every day for almost two years, including as a carry-on bag during my trip to a wedding in Minnesota. It began its slow demise when my boyfriend crammed two boxed bobbleheads into it at a baseball game. The days of rain we've had have really caused the zipper to rebel...I think it's time to retire this lovely.

LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers

LuLaRoe Irma with jeggings and black Nike sneakers

Tunic: Irma by LuLaRoe (via LuLaRoe w/ Abby Fagan) | Shirt: Target | Pants: TJ Maxx | Shoes: Nike via DSW | Belt: old | FitBit: Charge 2, gifted | Rings: old | Lip: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Black Dahlia | Bag: Steve Madden via TJ Maxx

As for this post's bloopers...I was actually watching my cat on this rare, warm early spring day. Cedric is an indoor cat, but we let him wander around the yard until he tries to dash off to eat the neighbor's cat, Freckles. He gets to wear a leash so there's more time to grab him when he makes the inevitable mad dash. It also meant he was forced into some portraits with me ;)


 


Anyone else into LuLaRoe? What are your favorite pieces?

post signature

Linked up with: Trendy WednesdayLizzie in Lace

3 comments:

  1. I used to sell Lularoe back in the day :-) love how you styled this! Happy Friday!

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine selling it, especially since I already work full time! Thank you--and thank you for stopping by and reading :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...