Outfit / Velvet, Wood, & Valentine's Day | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Velvet, Wood, & Valentine's Day

    

Outfit / Velvet, Wood, & Valentine's Day

Friday, February 5


I'm a big fan of finding excuses to treat yourself (and yes, that is a link to a Parks and Recreation clip). We all do a lot. We go to work or school (or both), we spend time with family and friends, we volunteer, we do things we truly enjoy, and we somehow find time to sleep. I certainly need to remind myself to take a step back and enjoy the little things, like tea or walks, and to slow down.

Valentine's Day has always been a bit of an r 'n' r day for me. It's two days after my birthday and I've never had someone to celebrate it with (except for my Galentines, but of course Galentines Day is February 13th). It's a great excuse to get myself a birthday gift and a Valentine's gift. This year, I do have someone romantic to share the day with, but we both decided to do without anything fancy. Treating myself to something--whether it's a new accessory like this Jord Wood Watch, taking the entire day to read, or watching a movie with Matt--is just as important as chocolate, wine, and flowers. 


This Sandalwood version of Jord's Fieldcrest watch is a gorgeous gift for yourself (or someone else!). The wood is sustainably sourced, so you can feel great about your purchase while also looking great yourself. I can't get over how beautiful these watches are! (If you're considering purchasing one, read to the bottom for an e-gift card :) ) 

 





Pants: Loft {exact} | Top: Loft, borrowed from Mom {similar & similar}| Hat: Ruche {similar}| Heels: DSW, old | Lip: Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet | Watch: c/o JORD


     
Everyone's version of "treat yo' self" will be a little different. But mine will always include:

1 // Wearing things I love. This particular outfit features lots of things I love: my mustard cloche, my new burgundy corduroys, my gray Oxfords, and, of course, my Jord watch. I've found that wearing things I truly love makes me more confident even on the most stressful days.

2 // Spending time with those I love. Whether family, friends, or my cat Cedric, the more people I can see, the better.

3 // Reading. I'm the type of person who reads ten books at once and takes forever to finish one. Making progress on any (or all) of my current reads is the best.

4 // Tea. You can never have enough tea :) And of course tea goes perfectly with reading!

5 // Going outside. I love walks. I find them both calming and recharging, even when the weather isn't perfect.

In honor of Valentine's Day and taking time to give yourself plenty of treats, I've partnered with JORD to giveaway a limited quantity of e-gift cards worth $25 each for the Valentine's Day! If you've had your eye on one of these lovely wood watches, be sure to enter to redeem your gift code. (Be aware they'll be good through the end of March.) Entering is easy; just click below.

Get your $25 e-giftcard here :)

What do you do to take time to celebrate yourself? Let me know in the comments!

post signature

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. Watch is courtesy of Jord for review, but all opinions are honest and my own. Outside of a watch, I received no compensation for this post.

6 comments:

  1. Tea you say; perhaps you should visit a DAVIDsTEA sometime! I heard there's one in Boston's South End... *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Jord watch too. They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love treating myself! Even if it's just spending some time alone to do something I love with no distractions, like reading as you mentioned, it just makes me happy and less stressed. Love your outfit here. Those pants are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so adorable!! I love the cloche hat and shoes, I could totally see you in the twenties rocking a flapper dress!

    I love JORD, I have one of their tortoise and maple watches its so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen a few of these watches and I love that they are wood. So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hat is too cute! I love that watch :) The watch I wear every day is metal, so this would be a nice alternative on days when I want to be a little more relaxed!

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...