Sunday Brunch / 01.17.16 | Pennies & Paper: Sunday Brunch / 01.17.16

    

Sunday Brunch / 01.17.16

Sunday, January 17

1.) Reading on my morning commute, and a cheap ring I found while cleaning my room. 2.) Driving through Franconia Notch on the way to vacation. 3.) Jay Peak Tram Ale (by Long Trail) as it snows in the afternoon. 4.) I'm just obsessed with how cute and picture perfect the ski patrol cabin was. 5.) The top of Jay Peak, in a cloud. 6.) Cedric, the best part of coming home after vacation.

Happy Sunday :) I can't believe it's halfway through January already. I've been MIA in the blogosphere--reading other blogs, but not updating my own. Most of it is my own failure of time management, but part of it has to do with the fact that random keys on my keyboard haven't been working for a few months (including the number 1 key, the q key, and the delete key) and I've been avoiding bringing my computer to the store.

My family just got back (yesterday) from a ski vacation to Jay Peak. I love skiing but don't get to do it all that often, and trying out new mountains is always fun.

In light of the deaths of David Bowie and Alan Rickman, my links today will be focused on them. They were both so talented and ubiquitous, and I'm sure their work will continue to be a part of my daily life. 

Have you seen Benjamin Schwatz's perfect New Yorker cartoons for both David Bowie and Alan Rickman?

When you look into the night sky, try to find the Aladdin Sane lightning bolt constellation, newly created by Belgian astronomers in Bowie's honor.

Have you ever wanted to read like David Bowie? Take his own top 100 list and make it yours.

Alan Rickman's quotes are nothing short of inspiring.

And while I don't love The Simpsons, this inadvertent tribute to both men is great (but it is The Simpsons, so bear in mind that it's not entirely family-friendly).

I'm sure I'll be watching Labyrinth this week, and my family watched some of Harry Potter while on vacation :)

Are you saddened by the loss of David Bowie and Alan Rickman? What are your favorite works of theirs?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...