Outfit / Winter Blues | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Winter Blues

    

Outfit / Winter Blues

Wednesday, January 20


This past week, during our family ski trip to Jay Peak, there wasn't much need or reason to worry about looking presentable. Our ski coats and snow pants were all that anyone would see, and when we weren't at the ski mountain we were doing yoga and reading and eating and watching TV at the rented condo. But on Friday, after hitting up the crazy indoor water park at the mountain, we ate out at one of the few restaurants not on the resort campus--Jay Village Inn. With a cozy fire, close-set tables, and hot food, I knew my Goodwill thrifted sweater would leave me overheated. Luckily, I had packed this casual but light denim shirt I got on a New York & Company Black Friday sale.



I've never tried denim-on-denim before, but with the black vest to break it up and my favorite knit hat, I was surprised by how much I liked it. I'm already plotting--denim shirt and skirt? this outfit with a necklace and heels?
 
   

In my usual style, I brought a few favorite lip products--a Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm, a Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia, and a Revlon lip butter in Red Velvet (which, for some unknown and heartbreaking reason, is discontinued)--but I only really wore the Red Dahlia. Since the Burt's Bees tinted lip balms are lightly pigmented, I happily put this on both my lips and cheeks (as if the freezing cold wasn't making me pink enough, haha).


For this trip, I only brought my new Clarks winter boots (thanks again, Maura), my running shoes, my fuzzy clogs, and (of course) my ski boots. The Clarks were my go-to for anything involving the outdoors--the clogs ended up being for the long trip up and back, and the running shoes I just avoided for fear of losing my toes in the single-digit temps. I'm always surprised by how little I care about my shoe style in the winter--practical is usually better in the case of New England. Luckily, Clarks is both practical AND attractive.


Pants: Target | Top: New York & Company | Vest: Gifted, Old | Hat: Gifted, Handmade | Boots: Clarks | Lip: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia


As usual, I ended up with five times as many bloopers as proper photos. But even these look good with my lovely 50mm lens :)



Do you ski, or travel to cold places in the winter? What do you end up wearing? If you have any denim-filled outfits, link them my way--I'd love some inspiration :)

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...