Sunday Brunch / 10.18.15 | Pennies & Paper: Sunday Brunch / 10.18.15

    

Sunday Brunch / 10.18.15

Sunday, October 18

1.) On Sunday the 11th, we held a cookout in honor of my grandfather, who passed away October 4th. He always loved making things, including this kit triceratops that watched over the bonfire. 2.) Foggy weather in Boston, one of my favorite types. 3.) Beer and Italian food in Cambridge with Matt. 4.) Sneak peek of an outfit with my new watch c/o Jord. 5.) Honey mead and friends at King Richard's Faire (and I may have bought a bodice...so I have to go next year!) 6.) Lazy Sunday.

Happy Sunday, everyone! I previously did a monthly Instagram recap and have seen lots of bloggers do "weekly recaps" of some sort, and I thought it was time I brought it back. I chose a "Sunday brunch" because brunch on Sunday makes up for the impending Monday :) I think some photos and some favorite links are be a nice way to round out each week. 

Many of these photos are from my Instagram--follow along at @JuliaEDom.

I only want to include one thing today. At my grandfather's funeral on Friday I closed the service with a poem. It's a beautiful one, and also very bittersweet. I hope if any of you are going through a hard time you find some comfort in it.

Crossing the Bar by Alfred, Lord Tennyson 
(1889)

Sunset and evening star,
      And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
      When I put out to sea,

   But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
      Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
      Turns again home.

   Twilight and evening bell,
      And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
      When I embark;

   For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
      The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
      When I have crost the bar.

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...