Outfit / Jeans & Jord | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Jeans & Jord

    

Outfit / Jeans & Jord

Wednesday, October 28


This outfit features a whole bunch of new items. Apparently I was so excited about said items that I inadvertently put them all on at once. 

You can probably spot my new Jord Watch--the Cora in Maple & Silver, which I reviewed last week. But do you see those boots? They were, I admit, a bit of an impulse buy (I needed boots, but perhaps not burgundy ones with three-inch heels). And I've been on the search for new jeans for a while, and lucked out at Target (but not with the boyfriend jeans--that was a horror show!). I've been wearing these everywhere. They're comfy enough to relax in at home, but nice enough for work, and high-waisted so I can wear them with nearly all my shirts.

And to pull it all together, these photos were taken with my new 50mm lens. Can you believe I've never had one before now? They're such photography staples. I'm loving the depth of field and quality.



I was very happy with how well this outfit came together. Because my Jord watch is a neutral color, I could wear it with a busy shirt and funky boots without overwhelming anyone. My heart necklace, which my father made for me one year, and my red leather bracelet blended well with the boots.



My friends Monique (who is starting her own blog soon!) and Francesca took an afternoon trip to Gloucester for these photos. It was so much fun! I have endless bloopers and cute photos of us together.

A word of warning, though: the first place we went, Hammond Castle, is gorgeous. But we got kicked out for taking photos! I've seen plenty of people take photos there, so we decided my DSLR made us look a bit too professional ;)





Top: New York & Company via Macy's| Jeans: Target {exact} | Boots: Steve Madden {exact}| Watch: c/o Jord Wood Watches | Necklace: Made by Dad | Bracelet: Italy | Ring: Ireland | Glasses: Warby Parker | Lip: Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet
post signature
Linked with: Lizzie in Lace

Photos by Monique Frechette

18 comments:

  1. I'm going to have dreams about those boots for the rest of my life. I'm loving your styling choices Julia!

    x Sola
    www.lifestonedadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun new boots!
    Steve Madden has the cutest shoes year round.
    Hope you're having a great Thursday.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  3. That watch is fabulous! And you look great here. I am the same way with new items- I can never wait to wear them and often end up pairing together when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boots look awesome! They seem so versatile. Gloucester is such a beautiful backdrop for these photos!

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That watch is so cool, but yes!! The first time I ever took pics with my 50mm I was in heaven. They look great!

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty top!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are amazing and I'm enthralled with the scenery! I also love your jeans, they look fab on you!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your outfit! Every piece is amazing and so versatile :) The scenery is stunning!

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is so amazing. I love it ♥ and those boots I need them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love those burgundy boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos! You look simply stunning and I am LOVING those boots!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a a cute look! I especially love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Jord! I'm thinking of getting a new one because their new collection is fab, just like this one :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Jord! I'm thinking of getting a new one because their new collection is fab, just like this one :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post dear! Have a wonderful day:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute outfit! That sucks that y'all got kicked out--I'm always paranoid when I bring my big camera around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...