Review / Jord Wood Watch ft. Cora in Maple & Silver | Pennies & Paper: Review / Jord Wood Watch ft. Cora in Maple & Silver

    

Review / Jord Wood Watch ft. Cora in Maple & Silver

Thursday, October 15

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog


Every so often, one of those companies comes along that is just so me. Jord Wood Watches (yes, wooden watches!) highlights sustainability and modern lifestyles while creating a range of beautiful products. When Jord reached out to me to review one of the timepieces, I had to say yes!

My normal impulse is dark and flashy--I very nearly went with the Purpleheart & Mother of Peal Cora--but decided to go with a more neutral look. After all, I don't wear watches and really should, so I realized one that matched all outfits would be ideal. I settled on the Maple & Silver Cora, which retails at $275 (although I'm really digging the Fieldcrest series in Maple or Zebrawood--Christmas gifts, anyone?). Before I get into the review, quick shout out to Jord's customer service, who promptly responded when the watch ended up in Maryland (as in, not where I live).

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog

If you've read any of my Birchbox reviews, you'll know how much I love a good presentation. This wooden box is probably the most gorgeous packaging I've ever seen! The top even features a little finger imprint for ease of opening.

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog

The watch itself features the same attention to detail as the box. Explore my photos, below, to see the details--the soft polish of the natural maple, the scratch resistent saphire glass, the Swarovski crystals, the visible inner workings of the watch, and the overall craftsmanship.

Since the watches are made of wood and have stainless steel accents, the chance of someone having an allergy is greatly reduced--which is great for me, since I'm one of those allergic to many cheap metals! I also love that, even though they have a "modern" outlook, they chose to make the watches analog.

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog

Jord Wood Watch Cora Maple & Silver, Pennies & Paper Blog
My only qualm about the watch was the clasp, which is hard to describe but involves some one-handed acrobatics. Now that I've had some practice it's much better, but the first time I tried to put it on was anything but graceful. I've also had some trouble telling the time--but I fully acknowledge that is my own fault for relying on my phone and computer so much.
Jord makes watches aimed separately at men and women, but I think they are each feminine, masculine, delicate, and strong, all at the same time. Be sure to check out Jord's website the next time you need a unique but practical gift for anyone in your life!

Do you have a Jord Wood Watch? If not, which is your favorite?

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. Watch is courtesy of Jord for review, but all opinions are honest and my own. Outside of a watch, I received no compensation for this post.
post signature

Ladies Wooden Watches

16 comments:

  1. This is a GORGEOUS watch! All of the detail is so elegant. I prefer to wear sports watches so that I can track my splits when I run!

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen something similar to this before but wasn't too keen on the style of it. This is much better! I love the bit of the face of the watch that exposes the inside (and on the back too!) Gorgeous!

    Jessica Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This watch is so cool!
    I love the wooden feel.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is seriously a beautiful watch! The detail is amazing.

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool watch. I never would have thought of a wooden watch but the design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a darker shade to review but I think I love this one more, more feminine look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tbh, this might be the most fem Jord watch I've seen. Love it! x Nicole | www.changeanddress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow!! How unique!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jord watches! Such a cool, unique accessory!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove my jord watch. its so lightweight!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such a beautiful watch! I want one!
    Lauren
    www.thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love JORD! I have their teal-faced watch, and it's stunning!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so chic! I can't believe it's made out of wood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute watch!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful watch! Love the packing too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm already crazy about watches and to discover that wood watches actually exist is the cherry on top of the sundae <3
    http://www.abstractaphrodite.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...