Outfit / (Town) Forest Fairies | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / (Town) Forest Fairies

    

Outfit / (Town) Forest Fairies

Wednesday, September 9


In my hometown, one of my favorite places to go is the town forest. There are miles of hiking trails and a massive hill (pictured here). Most of the trees were planted at the same time, and they were arranged in rows. The effect is a bit unsettling but endlessly fascinating and beautiful.





I wore this outfit to the Cambridge Dance Party (ages ago, now!), where a main street in Cambridge is shut down, a DJ plays from the balcony of the town hall, and spotlights shine from neighboring buildings. This year, the dance coincided with the legalization of equal marriage, and so the street was full of rainbows and glitter and happiness. I felt a slightly crazy outfit was appropriate, and my roommate Mary suggested we photograph it later that week after hiking around the town forest.

So that's exactly what we did. We walked around the paths for a couple hours, then I pulled a giant tulle skirt out of my backpack and we had a photoshoot! (Have I talked about how much I love this skirt?)




Dress as Shirt: Hand-me-down from roommate| Skirt: Oasap | Bra: TJ Maxx| Hairpiece: Gift from Aunt | Oxford Flats: DSW (old, old, old)



A post is nothing without some bloopers:



Photos by Mary Quigley.

Do you have any favorite spots in your town?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...