Outfit / Navy Blue & Ancient Greece | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Navy Blue & Ancient Greece

    

Outfit / Navy Blue & Ancient Greece

Monday, August 24


You know those pieces that just kinda, well, grab you? This dress is one of them. I tried on a different pattern at the store, then waited for it to go on sale online. Both patterns went on sale at the same time, I impulsively bought this one instead, and I've been wearing it ever since. Since I'm not usually a huge fan of navy, I kind of surprised myself. I wore it to my last Publishing club book launch and even my college graduation!

This particular outfit was directly inspired by the lovely Katie of Style on Target, who in turn was inspired by the equally lovely Kimberly of Penny Pincher Fashion. Go check out their versions, and their blogs, when you get a chance--they're both budget fashion perfection!
For my take on their outfits, I wore my chambray shirt (because I don't own a jean jacket--scandalous, I know!) and a pair of my Ancient Greek Sandals instead of nude heels (another item on my to-buy list!). I rolled the shirt sleeves to mimic a jacket, and copied Kimberly's half-zip style instead of opting for a necklace like Katie did.






Dress: Target {exact & other pattern}| Shirt: Old Navy via ThredUp | Sandals: Ancient Greek Sandals - Iphigenia {exact & similar} | Lip: Laqa & Co. in Menatour {exact}

These sandals have a bit of a story. Years ago, my dad worked with a guy who moved to Greece and started designing shoes. When he first founded Ancient Greek Sandals, he gave three pairs to me and my mother. Because they were samples, two pairs fit me and one fit mom, even though they were the same size (I kept Iphigenia and Athena). The company has really taken off since then--they now offer styles for men and kids as well as women. Each shoe is named after something related to Greece. 
And of course...some bloopers!

Has a clothing item captivated you recently?
post signature

38 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! You look beautiful! I love your your accessories as well :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is amazing and I'm in love with your curly hair, so beautiful!

    -Ruya
    www.sweetshortandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so adorable. I love the pattern. Your bloopers are the cutest!


    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the unique pattern of your dress! The color works well on you :)

    -Nicole
    Meet Me in Midtown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair! This dress looks so amazing on you!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress and those shoes -- such a cool story behind them!

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress on you! Love!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a unique print. The color looks great with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that print! I am always attracted to bold prints, but am rarely able to incorporate them into my work wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the navy.... my go-to color!

    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your dress and those awesome sandals! Love the Cape Cod bracelet!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg I can't believe you know the designer! I absolutely looooove their sandals. This dress looks adorable on you, by the way. :)

    xo // www.thematerialgirl.co

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the bold lip! It looks so great on you!

    Xo,
    Michelle
    www.mash-elle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome story about those sandals! I love being one of the first people to know about something that skyrockets. You look so cute in your dress, it would be perfect for the crazy hot temps in Dallas right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is absolutely adorable! Seriously, I need it. I also love the story behind your sandals! It sounds like you come from a very fun and successful family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is too cute! I am in love with the print! Also obsessing over those shoes! What a fun story behind them.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your twirling photo is so cute!! :-) I love how you did a casual and relaxed take on this sundress- so perfect for late summer!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you used that chambray button-up as a layering piece! Very "transitioning to fall." x Nicole | www.changeanddress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love a good navy dress - this looks great on you!

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous dress! Navy looks good on you, girl :) I love the story behind the shoes.

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow such a beautiful dress and you are looking so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you layered the chambray over that dress! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your pictures! You have a very creative eye and it's lovely to see so many angles of the clothes!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That dress looks amazing on you! I also love the sandals now they're on my wish list!

    Kayla | kaylablogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your dress! Love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the fact that the zipper is on the front instead of the back! It adds a nice touch with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? It also makes it super easy to put on myself--no awkward grabbing behind my back!

      Delete
  27. You have a great photographer! The close ups are really pretty, I love the dress too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is much more of a compliment than you know--I take my own photos, so thank you very much :)

      Delete
  28. Omg just become a fashion blogger already lmao. You know you want to! How do you take your own photos, especially of the close-ups and stuff? Do you use a tripod?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...