Outfit / Mars Red | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Mars Red

    

Outfit / Mars Red

Wednesday, August 19


These past few months, my life has been a whirlwind—I went from a summer internship to a full-time, salaried position in a different department of the same company (knocking something else off my Thirty Before Thirty!); I’m a bridesmaid in my roommates’ wedding next week, which is states away from Boston; and I’m moving out of my apartment and back home. Add in a ton of summer events, another Cape trip last weekend, and going through my to-try list of bars and restaurants…I’ve been booked solid.

With all of the craziness, versatile clothing pieces are invaluable. Last year I found these red-orange capris at TJ Maxx and couldn't say no. This summer they’ve been a staple: I've worn them to a Dave Matthews Band concert, several Fridays at work, and on chillier summer evenings.


While I often wear these with work shirts and shoes, this particular outfit is much more casual. Is anyone else a Veronica Mars fan? I adore the show so much that I donated to the kickstarter for the 2014 movie--hence this shirt! (If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend the show for teens, young adults, and adults who like superhero-strong characters combined with a helping of noir.)




Continuing loosely on the "Mars" theme...everyone should read The Martian. Now.




Pants: Lucky Brand via TJMaxx | T-Shirt: Veronica Mars Kickstarter | Shirt: Old Navy via ThredUp | Flats: DSW (old) | Bracelet: Cape Code Bracelet | Lips: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Fruiti

This last photo is the perfect segway into some bloopers silliness (taken while looking for new photo locations):




post signature

14 comments:

  1. Love that color red! I've been wearing red a lot this summer. Congrats on getting a full-time job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely empathize with the busy summer thing: I feel like I've been going nonstop (in a good way), but that does tend to mean I need some trusty pieces I can be comfortable and throw on anytime. Mine tend to be cute tops and denim shorts.
    I have a pair of jeans just like this and they're great.
    xoxo
    Hannah
    www.frecklesandolives.blogspot.com
    PS your hair is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the full time position!
    Love colored pants -- red is so much fun :)

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shade of red! It's perfect with your lip color too! I feel ya on the bridesmaid thing- I'm in a wedding for a friend back home and am wondering how I'll juggle the distance during all of the pre-wedding festivities! I hope it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cape Cod bracelet!! YES! I wear mine every single day!! It's a perfect addition to any outfit! Love the red jeans as well, super chic!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think a good pair of red pants is a closet staple! Such a fun way to bring some color in to your outfit!

    xo ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love those red pants!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that red color pant and All your pictures are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha that last photo is literally priceless!! Those pants are so cute! Good luck with all your craziness girl & have fun at the wedding! Xo
    Chelsea // trendychelsea.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the promotion, it sounds like you've had an amazing summer! Love the color of these pants, such a fun ensemble!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the promotion! Love the past photo!!!

    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS girl!!! So excited for you. Those pants are so awesome too!

    Xo, Michelle

    www.mash-elle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! You are too cute haha love that lipstick color on you!

    Xo // www.thematerialgirl.co

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bloopers at the end are too cute! Also, love those pants!! I find some of my most favorite clothing at TJ Maxx!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...