Outfit / Great Wave Blues | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Great Wave Blues

    

Outfit / Great Wave Blues

Wednesday, July 1

Peter Pilotto for Target shirtdress blue

Over a month ago now, on the day of my senior week boat cruise, I went to the Museum of Fine Arts with some friends to see the Hokusai exhibit. (If you're in Boston before August 9th, I highly recomend checking it out!)

(Endless apologies for the quality of these photos--I wasn't originally planning on taking photos and only had about ten minutes before I had to go meet my friends!)




Peter Pilotto for Target shirtdress blue

I wanted an outfit that fit the theme of Hokusai's iconic work, "The Great Wave off Kanagawa." While I didn't have a literal Great Wave dress (unlike CM of Trends & Tolstoy!), my Peter Pilotto for Target shirtdress features the blues in Hokusai's print.

Peter Pilotto for Target shirtdress blue

Later in the day for the boat cruise, I tossed on my OASAP tulle skirt and a belt to change up my look--the billowy skirt was perfect for wind on the deck and dancing!

Peter Pilotto for Target shirtdress blue
Dress: Peter Pilotto for Target | Belt: Thrifted | Flats: Target | Lip: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti |Jewlery: Alex & Ani Plume Feather Wrap {exact}, Original Cape Cod Bracelet from Eden Hand Arts {website}, Claddagh from Ireland

Am I the only one who matches outfits to the art exhibits they're attending?

Linked up with: Oh Hey, Girl! + Trendy Wednesday + What I Wore Wednesday + What I Wore Wednesday x2 + Tucker Up Link Up + Get Your Pretty On + Lizzie in Lace
post signature

22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! I love it! There isn't a lot of art exhibits in Green Bay expect at my college! I love to stop at our fine arts building and take a look.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is beautiful! If I went to an art exhibit, I would definitely want to blend in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress and going art exhibits, It is so fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty color blue! Love the pattern!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress -- so cute!
    Also, I've been dying to go to an art exhibit lately.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dress!

    XO
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you matches your outfit to the art exhibit, I think dressing to a theme is so so much fun! This dress is so unique and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that shirt dress! You are beautiful! Hope you enjoyed the exhibit :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a unique outfit because of the pattern of the dress, and I love it! And you look really beautiful!

    http://thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh how cute is that shirt dress?! Dressing to a theme is so much fun! I love it!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great color and silhouette! Gorgeous!

    xo
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is the cutest! I love the print and color on you.
    Sophie
    Smitten Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. there is nothing more fun than dressing in theme for an activity of event- so fun!! Xo
    Chelsea | trendychelsea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Target always surprises me. Sometimes they have nothing--sometimes they HAVE EVERYTHING :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love themed outfits! The geometric prints in your dress are very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So loving the gorgeous print of this dress! I bet this looked fabulous with your tulle skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are rocking this outfit like no other. I love it!

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
  18. The print of that dress is so unique, I love it! I never thought of matching the art I would be seeing before, but I am definitely going to next time I visit a museum.

    Jenni // The Beautiful Little Fools

    ReplyDelete
  19. That tunic is outstanding! I adore the bright and fun prints and the lightweight fabric is just perfect for summer!
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you play with prints!! Looking good :)

    Melissa

    Stylista Fitness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...