Outfit / 4th of July in a Midi | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / 4th of July in a Midi

    

Outfit / 4th of July in a Midi

Friday, July 3

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

(I know, I know! What is this? So many outfit posts lately!)

I'm not the biggest fan of wearing stars and stripes for holidays (evidenced by my wearing Peter Pilotto for Target last year and red capris the year before). Sometimes I feel the 4th is an unofficial challenge to prove your American-ness by slathering on our national symbols.

Lucky for me, I have a gorgeous cobalt midi, from Romwe. I actually ordered this months ago, but they sent the wrong size. Returning was a hassle so I waited for it to go back on sale, because I am completely obsessed with it. (I'm just obsessed with all midis, actually. More on that in coming posts, I'm sure!)


4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

I have to admit I don't own much red (except for the pants linked above), and even less white (I have to say I'm terrified of it!). I thrifted this belt in Vermont last year, and I actually have two of these bags from the times I've volunteered with the Boston Book Festival. To add a little more white, I took a white necklace and bobby pinned it to my hair.

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival
Skirt: Romwe {exact, similar here & here} | Shirt: Old | Sunglasses: Stunner of the Month {review here} | Belt: Thrifted| Heels: LifeStride via DSW | Necklace as Headband: Thrifted | Bag: Boston Book Festival | Lip: Revlon Colorstay in Trendsetter

I plan on wearing this outfit tomorrow, not on the 4th itself. Tomorrow I may go to the rehearsal for the Boston Pops (which is perhaps a modicum less crazy than the Fireworks Spectacular), or maybe just relax and read--I haven't had a proper day off in a few weeks! As for the 4th, I'll be lounging poolside at a friend's in my hometown, in my appropriately blue Target swimsuit :)

Endless thanks to my roommate Taina, who I convinced to invade the nearby hospital lawn for photos. As you'll see in the bloopers and extras below, I think she nailed 4th of July fashion better than I did!

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

I found a patriotic fire hydrant!

4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

If anyone can tell me why I chose to stand behind the bench, instead of sitting on it, I would greatly appreciate it xD


4th of July outfit, romwe midi, stunner of the month, DSW heels, thrifted belt, boston book festival

What are your plans for the 4th of July? Do you have an outfit picked out?

Photos by Taina :)

Linked up with: Sydney Fashion Hunter + Lizzie in Lace + The Closet by Christie + Birdie Shoots + Lena B Actually
post signature

24 comments:

  1. You look super cute in this midi! I don't really have plans except seeing fireworks.

    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so sweet! Fireworks are a classic :D

      Delete
  2. You are so gorgeous and I love the way you tied the belt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! It took me way longer than it should have to figure out how to tie the belt xD

      Delete
  3. Those sunglasses! That book bag! I love it all. That midi is perfect for the 4th of July!

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the midi! It's really a great idea for the summer with activities outside- you don't have to worry about flashing anyone and it's long enough to cover against grass or questional benches/picnic tables. Also your belt tying is on point!

    xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love midis but I'm so short that they're more like "three quarters-ies" haha. You look adorable! Hope you enjoy your weekend festivities!

    Kelly
    Ohio Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this midi -- I really need to try one myself.
    Thanks for sharing girl :)

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style! So cute! I really need a midi skirt!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That midi is absolutely stunning!! That bright blue is a perfect color :)

    Annie // Annie N Belle

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute outfit! sometimes fourth of July outfits can be a little too "cheesy" with the flag posted all over a persons shirt, shorts etc. but love how you incorporated red white and blue into a super cute outfit! xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and festive outfit!

    XO
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit! It is so cute & patriotic. Enjoy your holiday weekend

    xoxo, Danielle
    www.glamrme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit! You're inspiring me to put something festive together for tomorrow (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love midi skirts, i thought about wearing my blue one for July 4th but i would be running around too much and so i need something shorter or more tamable. You nailed the look too like your roommate.
    http://stylediarybyosy.blogspot.com/2015/07/linkpartywithosy-1-weekend-denim-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the skirt! So pretty, I like the way you tied the belt! I don't really do skirts for parties but that outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such. a. cutie! I'm loving the bag you're carrying :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a retro midi look! Fab! And as an English teacher, love your book bag too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm obsessed with the color of your skirt! Looks stellar on you, and really pops.

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those sunglasses are phenomenal! I love the festive look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That skirt is so fab! I'm worried I'm too short to pull off the whole midi look :/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...