Review / Warby Parker Home Try On | Pennies & Paper: Review / Warby Parker Home Try On

    

Review / Warby Parker Home Try On

Monday, June 29

Warby Parker Home Try-On

Ever since I failed the driver's test eye exam and could no longer deny that I needed glasses, I've been a bit disgruntled with my eyes. (Carrots are my favorite, so I believed my eyesight would be perfect!) But perhaps more annoying than having poor eyesight is shopping for glasses. They're just so expensive, and for things that might break at any time!

My first pair, and my current pair, served me well for six years--outside of the fact that now the prescription is wrong. While I could have put new lenses in my old frames, I need something new. And something cheaper.

Step in Warby Parker. I discovered this brand through the blogosphere, when reviews of their Home Try On started popping up left and right. So I put in my order and sat back to away my tester frames. It was only after I ordered my box that I realized there's a brick-and-mortar Warby Parker on Newbury Street in Boston, but I have to say that getting a box in the mail reminded me of when I used to get Ipsy and Birchbox!


Warby Parker Home Try-On

With Warby Parker's Home Try On service, you pick five frames that are then shipped to you for free. You have five days to try them on, take endless selfies in them, and ask for opinions. You can even post on social media using #WarbyHomeTryOn, and the Warby Parker team will give their thoughts!  Then you mail the frames back via USPS using the provided shipping label. The only real drawback to this is that Home Try On doesn't ship outside the United States.

Warby Parker Home Try-On

Presentation is key, and the Warby Parker box didn't fail. Each frame came in a labeled plastic bag, which in turn was nestled in it's own little cubby. And I adore the outside of the box: "Good things await you" and "Get excited!" made me want to love each pair of glasses.

Warby Parker Home Try-On

Warby Parker Home Try-On glasses


In addition to the convenient home try on, Warby Parker boasts one other plus: for each pair of glasses purchased, Warby Parker will donate money for eye exams and glasses for those in need!

Overall, I loved my home try on experience. I only had two complaints, both of which I knew of before ordering. One, there is only one USPS near me that stays open past 9-5 Monday-Friday, and that one location had 8-11 hours on Saturday. So I ended up sending my glasses back after three days, since that was the only time I could make it. Two, because the tester frames are testers, they are a bit beat up (except I believe my June's were new). Additionally, the testers just have plain glass in them, which means they are super reflective (you can see this below), making for some difficult photos (I know, poor me xD).

On to the fun part--the glasses!

Humphrey's Eyeglasses Model 582021 [Discontinued], ~$120
Warby Parker Home Try-On Humphrey's Eyeglasses glasses

Warby Parker Home Try-On Humphrey's Eyeglasses glasses

Here are my current glasses. Aren't they cute? They're a bit small, and my biggest gripe is that they don't actually cover my eyes completely. (And for the obvious reason, that the prescription is incorrect!) But I do love them :) I was surprised to learn these weren't as expensive as I thought, but the prices I found may have been sale prices, since these are discontinued.

June in Moonstone, $95*
Warby Parker Home Try-On June in Moonstone

Warby Parker Home Try-On June in Moonstone

...nooooooope! But I think I knew that when I ordered them--these were very much for fun!
Holcomb in Oak Barrel, $145*
Warby Parker Home Try-On Holcomb in Oak Barrel

Warby Parker Home Try-On Holcomb in Oak Barrel

I had really high hopes for these...cat eye glasses would be excellent, and I know I look decent in orange-y browns. Sadly, they just look....odd.
Verne in Beachglass, $95*
Warby Parker Home Try-On Verne in Beachglass

Warby Parker Home Try-On Verne in Beachglass

I'll be honest--these are my favorites. I knew the rectangle shape would work, given my current glasses, but I didn't expect to love the color so much! It's neutral, but still a bit unexpected.
Walker in Canton Blue, $95*
Warby Parker Home Try-On Walker in Canton Blue

Warby Parker Home Try-On Walker in Canton Blue

These are my second favorite, if only for the color. I desperately want bright blue glasses! But I think these are too flashy to go with every outfit, and they are a bit too big for my face. It's probably a good thing they are too big, or I would have a horrible time choosing between the Verne in Beachglass and these!
Verne in Jet Black, $95*
Warby Parker Home Try-On Verne in Jet Black

Warby Parker Home Try-On Verne in Jet Black

The Verne in Jet Black are my third favorite. The shape is great, but the black is just a smidge too dark on my face...I look a bit like a chiaroscuro painting.
Those are my thoughts...which glasses do you like on me best? Do you agree with my verdict of the Verne in Beachglass? Although I love them, I'm rather indecisive and would love opinions!
post signature

P.S. A quick announcement: Pennies & Paper today reached 150 followers on Bloglovin'! I know that in the grand scheme of blogs it's not many followers, but I appreciate each and every reader, and am so flattered when someone likes my blog enough to want my posts on their dashboard each day. Endless thanks to you all!

* For single-vision lenses. Progressive lenses are $295 or $345.

17 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! I don't wear glasses, but I imagine this is so helpful for people that do!

    heapsofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warby Parker is amazing! I have yet to purchase a pair of their frames, but I'm always lusting after them. I love those blue ones on you!
    xx
    Madison
    http://chicandchai.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a blast when I did the try on at home program. Loving the second pair of frames!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I love Warby Parker. I love glasses. The blue ones suit you so well!

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got contacts, but I'll keep this in mind for the future! It sounds like a great program. I love the Walker in Canton Blue on you, but I also like the Verne in Beachglass because it is a little more neutral.
    Alexandra | www.cloudyskiesandsushine.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Warby Parker frames. I'm planning on getting new glasses soon and I'm so considering buying from them than from my Dr. office. You look fabulous btw! They fit so well ♥

    Felice Raina - www.thekissofjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE my Warby Parker glasses! They're an awesome company. I never knew you could hashtag a selfie and they would give you their thoughts, though! How cool. I think you should go with the bright blue ones. They look great on you and are really fun! :)
    Rhiannon @ www.peaceandblessingsyall.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Verne in Beachglass or in Jet Black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so many great things about Warby parker, I don't wear glasses but I reccomended it to my boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard lots of good things about this brand, I don't wear glasses though but I really like the pair you picked.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool service! The third frames down are my favorite on you even though you don't like them! Maybe it's because they are so different from the other choices?

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to try this, I'm glad you had a good experience with them! All of those styles look gorgeous on you! :)

    xx | Steph @ The Lovely Essentials & Jenssen's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of the styles look great on you! I love your favorite the most, though :) Great post! I'll definitely be looking into Warby Parker when I need new glasses.

    http://thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my Warby Parker's! I really enjoyed the Try at Home service because I was able to ask friends and family for their input.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many great things about Warby Parker! It's such an awesome brand, and I would love to have some glasses from them. I think it's so neat that they have a home try on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I don't use glasses but my sister does so I'll have to pass this along!

    xo
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on hitting 150 on Bloglovin! You are awesome :) Also, I agree with your verdict of the Verne glass in Beachglass. They are adorable and complement your skin tone!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...