Life / It's The Little Things | Pennies & Paper: Life / It's The Little Things

    

Life / It's The Little Things

Friday, May 15

As I come to the end of my college years, I will be doing a "series" of blog posts about the events of my final weeks. Excuse the tearstains.

It's the Little Things | Pennies & Paper Blog
The end of college came with a lot of big events, but the smaller ones were just as important to me. They helped me recognize my own merits and accomplishments, but also appreciate how much work my classmates, coworkers, and fellow student leaders put into our projects.

Flowers from Pub Club

Whether it's a chai latte on my birthday or giving me an oh-so-perfect cat card at my final book launch, the members of Undergraduate Students for Publishing's executive board know exactly how to make me smile. The flowers they gave the co-president and me were gorgeous. And since we're roommates, I got to enjoy both bouquets! They cheered up our dark kitchen and reminded me each day how much I love and will miss Pub Club.
It's the Little Things  - flower bouquet | Pennies & Paper Blog

It's the Little Things - flower bouquet | Pennies & Paper Blog

It's the Little Things - flower bouquet | Pennies & Paper Blog

Admission Goodbye Party

In the spring 2014 semester I applied to be a tour guide on the suggestion of my roommate. I was terrified (and convinced I would never succeed in this job) but a year and a half later I am so sad to be leaving. I've worked alumni events and eight-hour accepted student days, dealt with the strangest questions imaginable, become a tour mentor to new guides, and learned I can memorize hour-long tours but still be able to switch it up on the fly. I've had people email me for further advice, and come to me on accepted student days and say I'm a reason why they chose this school. I'm more flexible and a better speaker because of this job, and I love each and every one of my amazing coworkers.

The goodbye party for this semester had the usual (cake, cookies made by my boss a.k.a. Mom, the word-on-the-back game, posters to write our best and craziest experiences, music) but also gifts for the seniors. I can't get over how sweet my boss is, and how lovely the reviews always are.

It's the Little Things - Emerson College mug | Pennies & Paper Blog

It's the Little Things - Emerson College | Pennies & Paper Blog

Emerson Recognition and Achievement Awards

Each year, the ERA Awards are hosted to celebrate student organizations and their leaders. As an outgoing president, I walked across the stage with my co-president to "pass the torch" to the incoming co-presidents. But I also got delicious (free) food, awesome performances from students, and time with friends.

It's the Little Things - ERA Awards 2015 | Pennies & Paper Blog
photo from Emerson College
It's the Little Things - ERA Awards 2015 | Pennies & Paper Blog

It's the Little Things - ERA Awards 2015 | Pennies & Paper Blog

It's the Little Things - ERA Awards 2015 | Pennies & Paper Blog
excuse the horrid blurriness!
It's the Little Things - ERA Awards 2015 | Pennies & Paper Blog
photo by Emerson College
Of course there were countless other moments as well, more than I can fit in one blog post: watching some of my friends present at the Honors showcase, getting coffee with people, my Gender professor bringing in her brilliant gray macaw (Monty Williams) and cookies (made by the baker who bakes for White House events).

What smaller events have become important in your life?
More in this series: 5 Lessons From Pub Club | It's the Little Things | Monday Meetings & Farewells | Twice on Top of the World on a Tuesday | A Big Blue Watery Road | Graduation Recap | Graduation in Focus
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...