Outfit / A Big Blue Watery Road | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / A Big Blue Watery Road

    

Outfit / A Big Blue Watery Road

Wednesday, May 20

As I come to the end of my college years, I will be doing a "series" of blog posts about the events of my final weeks. Excuse the tearstains.

A Big Blue Watery Road - Peter Pilotto for Target Oasap Tulle | Pennies & Paper Blog



Wednesday the 13th I actually had some time in day, so I went to the Museum of Fine Arts in the morning with some friends. But, in the evening, I was on a boat (did anyone catch the reference in the post title?).

The last big senior week event I attended was a harbor cruise on the Odyssey, and at $25 it was one of the more expensive. I took some time to actually plan out my outfit, because I had been dying to wear my tulle skirt. I wanted a bit of blue for the water, so my Peter Pilotto for Target dress it was! Forgive the horrible focus and slapdash editing on these--I took them in about ten minutes before I left and couldn't get my camera to focus on me!



A Big Blue Watery Road - Peter Pilotto for Target Oasap Tulle | Pennies & Paper Blog

A Big Blue Watery Road - Peter Pilotto for Target Oasap Tulle | Pennies & Paper Blog

Dress (as Shirt): Peter Pilotto for Target | Belt: Thrifted | Skirt: OASAP | Flats: Target | Lip: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti

The process was not perfect. We had to take shuttles because the boat was determined we would spend all of our money at their bars, so we had to meet at 5 for shuttles to take us to the boat, which would not leave dock until 7 PM. They put 60 people on each 55 person bus, so I found myself sitting on two of my friends. After we left, there was an accident on our route so a ten minute ride turned into an hour-long one. There was also a highly unpleasant and misogynistic bartender on board.

But besides all that--and the bus ride was definitely amusing--the boat itself was very fun! Good food, great views, nice cold air :)


A Big Blue Watery Road - Boston Harbor Cruise | Pennies & Paper Blog
photo by Taina 
A Big Blue Watery Road - Boston Harbor Cruise | Pennies & Paper Blog
photo by Taina
A Big Blue Watery Road - Boston Harbor Cruise | Pennies & Paper Blog
photo by Taina
A Big Blue Watery Road - Boston Harbor Cruise | Pennies & Paper Blog

A Big Blue Watery Road - Boston Harbor Cruise | Pennies & Paper Blog

This is actually my fourth time on a Boston harbor cruise (living so close to Boston means most big events are marked by one). Have you ever been on a harbor cruise, in Boston or elsewhere?


post signature

16 comments:

  1. I really want to quote the rest of the song but I can't think of anything in it that doesn't involve expletives haha! I love this outfit. I love that you used the dress as a skirt.

    XOXO
    Marie H.
    Progression By Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the bartender, but I'm glad you had fun on the boat! The harbor looks so picturesque!

    - Alessandra
    The PumpUp Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tulle skirts and cherish any excuse to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! And love the skirt.

    http://thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tulle skirt, very chic! I also love these photos, I've been away from the water for a while and these are just so pretty :)

    xx | Steph @ www.thelovelyessentials.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful views. I haven't been on a boat/ship in a long time. Think I'll put that on my summer bucket list. Love the tulle skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went on a harbor cruise last September when we were in Boston! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt + the scenery! Looked like a blast.

    xo // www.thematerialgirl.co

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been lusting after a tulle skirt for the longest time!

    xx. Brittany
    Southern Soul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this sounds so fun! I've never been on a harbor cruise but it sounds like fun!

    Anchors and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a neat look!! Hope you had fun!! xoxo
    claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been on a harbor cruise and it was tons of fun!

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  13. My college also does senior boat cruises! I'm excited for mine next year. Congrats on being a graduate! :-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tulle skirt over the dress! Hope you had fun on the cruise despite the mishaps!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos! And a good travel tip for the next time I'm in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl! Your hair is ADORABLE! Wish I had curls like that!

    PS - Beantown is one of my favorite cities :)

    diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...