Outfit / Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!) | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!)

    

Outfit / Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!)

Monday, April 6

Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!) | Pennies & Paper Blog


I have an Easter policy: I must wear bright colors to my family's party. Freshman year of college, I wore my green corduroys. Sophomore year I went all out, and wore hot pink pants, a black T-shirt, and a bright blue cardigan--and matched TJ, one of my roommates (best outfit to date, I think!). Last year, I wore a black dress but had purple tights with black polka dots.

This year, I had quite a few options. I debated about my Peter Pilotto for Target top and a tulle skirt, my blue Peter Pilotto for Target dress, and then this epically cyan dress. Guess which one I picked?



Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!) | Pennies & Paper Blog

Since it was a bit chilly, I opted for solid tights--my other choices were floral and lacy. Very spring, but not very warm.

Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!) | Pennies & Paper Blog

Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!) | Pennies & Paper Blog

I think this dress really does speak for itself, so I opted to stick to arm and hand candy.

Dress: Target {similar, same brand & similar, same brand--on sale!} | Tights & Cardigan: Old | Tuxedo Flats: Target {similar & similar) | Jewlery: Alex & Ani Plume Feather Wrap {exact}, Original Cape Cod Bracelet from Eden Hand Arts {website}, Claddagh from Ireland, gifted Amethyst

Easter Cyan (+ Bridesmaid Dress First Look!) | Pennies & Paper Blog

In other fun news, this is the dress I will be wearing as a bridesmaid come August! It's from ShopRuche, "A Golden Age Asymetrical Dress." My roommate's wedding will be quite casual, summer themed, and us bridesmaids were told to find a summery, solid colored dress. Apologies for the annoyed face (it was cold and windy!) and the wrinkles.

I actually had ordered this a size up about two weeks ago but found it was much too big! I'm still going through the exchange process--it's a slight pain with ShopRuche, and I've never bought from them before. But I love the dress!

Keep an eye out for an Easter recap and photo dump tomorrow! If you celebrate Easter, how was your Sunday? And if you don't, how did you spend your weekend? Tell me all about the awesome in the comments!

Thanks to Mike Dom for taking photos :)
post signature

10 comments:

  1. I ADORE shopruche - havent shopped with them in awhile (lack of funds), but their bridesmaids dresses are darling. Good luck with the exchange process (And ps, at least you're exchanging it for a size down, right?!)

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sized down, and it fits so much better! I just go black T-straps to go with it too :)

      Delete
  2. I like your bridesmaid dress choice! I also see you did decide to take one for the team and go for orange lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange is such an awesome color, when it's not ON you haha. I'm definitely trying to add more oranges to my wardrobe, and in shades that work on me :)

      Delete
  3. I love that very bright dress you wore for Easter. Spring colors are some of my favorites! You mentioned on my blog that you were possibly interested in TEFL--I got one because my job teaching English in China requires it, I don't think I'd get one unless I was going into a job that required it. I don't recommend the online TEFL courses--I've seen enough job ads from more reputable schools in Asia saying that they require proof that your TEFL course wasn't online, because those don't have as good of a reputation as in-person certification programs. Of course there are schools that will hire you without a TEFL, but in this part of the world they tend to be the 'shady' sorts of schools and aren't going to offer the best contracts. It all depends on what you're thinking of doing for work or where you're planning on going. I think Europe is perhaps a little less picky about teaching English qualifications-and in my own opinion, when it comes to teaching English, CELTA, rather than TEFL, is probably the top-of-the-line...but it's also more expensive, so there's a bunch of considerations, depending on what you want to use it for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the information! I still haven't figured out what (if anything) I would want to do with any sort of English-teaching certification. I do want to travel, and I think my only skill in that regard is English. But we will see! This is immensely helpful :)

      Delete
  4. I love that teal dress! the color looks fantastic on you! <3

    Liz
    http://lizzieinlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both dress that look really cute on you! Easter is definitely about bright colors and I love bright colors lol! Haha taking pictures in the cold is such a pain I would be the same way lol!

    P.S Congrats on your friend's wedding!
    Jasmine :)
    colorubold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! I can't imagine wearing anything but crazy colors for Easter :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...