Life / Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper: Life / Easter 2015 in Pictures

    

Life / Easter 2015 in Pictures

Wednesday, April 8

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

As my family has done for the past few years, we hosted Easter Sunday at our house. And, as I've done throughout college, I invited as many roommates and past-roommates as possible--this year featured six, which I think is my record!

I've always loved Easter--the food is delicious, it's usually a bit warm, and I get to hang out with both friends and family :)

This year, Easter actually began the night before for me. I had not been to an Easter Vigil in a while, but my rooommate Alec was getting baptized and confirmed. His sponsor was August's father, so all four of us went to the three hour mass and reception. And it was just beautiful. I listened to all of the seven readings and the homily, and the baptism was just amazing--fun and funny and happy all at once.

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

On the train home.

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

Sleepy after food.

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

We have to lock Cedric in my room for parties because he gets very anxious and stressed. This was one of his good moments, after I bribed him with shrimp.

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

Of course, there was candy!

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

My lovely roommates and friends. August's father made a game of memorizing every family member's name and connection to the family--and he was very successful!

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

All the cousins were there!

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

Me and Allie. Don't we look alike? Thanks to Chuck for this awesome picture.

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

Me and Mom. We also look alike...down to making ridiculous faces :D

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

The annual dessert, made by my Aunt Nancy. And there are so many other things: pineapple pie, apple pie, lobster tails, lemon squares, an Armenian dessert that I cannot recall the name of.

Easter 2015 in Pictures | Pennies & Paper Blog

My friends took an earlier train; I stayed to help clean up and hang with Cedric <3

Do you celebrate Easter? Do you have any family traditions for it--or for any other holiday?
post signature

6 comments:

  1. I loved that your family got together. Mine is really huge but we're spread out all over the country so we don't get together...like ever :/ Cedric is super adorbz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think he's cute--most people can't get over his attitude xD I hope your family has a chance to get together soon!

      Delete
  2. Poor Cedric, hehehehe. He is so cute, but he looks like he just wants a nap in a quiet place with nice blankets LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got his personality exactly! Fuzzy blankets, sleep, and quiet are his favorite things (next to food!).

      Delete
  3. Fun! And being sleeping after a big meal means it was a success in my books! Also your Mom has the best hair. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to let her know--she's a bit self-conscious about her hair, and when I say I love it she doesn't believe me! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...