Style / The Friday Five: Pantone Color Report Spring 2015 + Links Love | Pennies & Paper: Style / The Friday Five: Pantone Color Report Spring 2015 + Links Love

    

Style / The Friday Five: Pantone Color Report Spring 2015 + Links Love

Friday, March 20

The Friday Five: Pantone Color Report Spring 2015 + Links Love | Pennies & Paper Blog

As someone in the publishing industry with even a (tiny) background in design, I cannot help but love Pantone. Luckily for me, Pantone has extended their reach past books and into other beautiful realms--like fashion!

The Friday Five: Pantone Color Report Spring 2015 + Links Love | Pennies & Paper Blog
This spring, those colors are: Aquamarine, Scuba Blue, Lucite Green, Classic Blue, Toasted Almond, Strawberry Ice, Tangerine, Custard, Marsala, Glacier Grey, Dusk Blue, Treetop, Woodbine, Sandstone, Titanium, & Lavender Herb. (Check out the full Spring 2015 color report for endless inspiration!)

I've been seeing lots of gorgeous pastel color coats on lookbook--I want them all! I don't usually go for pastels so this is a strange sensation for me. I have to say, of the above colors, I have a pleated skirt in "glacier grey" and a pleather coat in "classic blue," and that's about it. Here are the five colors I would love to add to my wardrobe, whether they be in coat, dress, pants, or accessory form:

// Scuba Blue - I can't resist blue! And this one is so bright :)
// Lucite Green - I lack greens, and this one is a nice calm, almost mint color.
// Tangerine - As I've said before, I love blacks and brights--this would be spectacular as an accent.
// Toasted Almond - Neutrals, especially beiges and tans, are also nonexistent in my closet.
// Dusk Blue - This is just such a beautiful color!

There are so many fun possibilities here...the trick is in actually matching the Pantone!

To top off this post of lovely colors, here are five links to things that made me happy this week:

// Ruth Negga Cast as Tulip in Preacher Pilot First of all, Preacher is my favorite comic (well...tied with Sandman). Second, I've been waiting for this to actually be made since they announced it about four years ago. Third, I am ecstatic that Tulip--a white, blonde woman in the comics--will be played by a woman of color!

// I may be a few episodes behind on The Walking Dead, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to buy everything in this Buzzfeed post.

// "The CW's First Post-Apocalypse Bisezual: How 'The 100' Treats Gender and Sexuality" If you're at all frustrated with the lack of proper non-heterosexual characters in media (and you should be), you need to be watching The 100. They treat gender and race and sexuality how we all should--as a non-issue, as something that is just one part of one's character.

// "Exhaustion is Not a Status Symbol" This post is three years old but still rings true--and I need to work much harder to remember it.

// "No one could see the color blue until modern times" In the wake of #blueandblack vs. #whiteandgold, and in light of the fact that blue is my favorite color, this article is fascinating. (By the way...it's white and gold xD)

What made you happy this week? What are your favorites of the spring Pantone colors?

See if you agree with @jedom23's Pantone spring color picks! Which are your favorite? http://bit.ly/1C6B5Pk (Click to Tweet)

Linked with: Friday Favorites 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! Most of these happen to be on my color chart too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! I can't wait to see what we find in these colors :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...