Blogging / The Friday Five: Blog Design Links Love | Pennies & Paper: Blogging / The Friday Five: Blog Design Links Love

    

Blogging / The Friday Five: Blog Design Links Love

Friday, March 27

The Friday Five: Blog Design Links Love | Pennies & Paper Blog


This past week, I did a full blog makeover--new colors, new fonts, new format. I opened up Photoshop and InDesign (although my computer hated me for it), whipped up some designs, sent them out for critques, and picked the header you see now. I've even put together my own branding packet, to try and make my posts more cohesive. And while I was able to put my newly-learned HTML skills to use (thanks, electronic publishing class!), I certainly needed some help along the way. Here are the sources I used to bring my blog a little more up to speed!

// Free Brushes.
Photoshop Brush Set by Matt Heath Illustration

// Linked Headers.

// Free Fonts.

// Social Media Tips & Tutorials.

//Misc.

*There are other free font websites out there, but Font Squirrel is ideal--it shows you exactly what this free font can legally be used for (print, web, ebook, etc. are all different permissions)
**JooJoo Azad is one of my favorite blogs. Seriously, Hoda is amazing. Go check her out!

The Friday Five: Blog Design Links Love | Pennies & Paper Blog


Something I've been considering for a little while now is a "Friday Five" link up. How do you guys feel about this? I was planning on rules that encourage engagement, such as posting a comment on the link before yours. I would feature one or two of the posts and bloggers from the previous week's link up. While each post would have to involve some sort of "Friday Five" or "Friday Favorites" list, they could also include other topics in the same post. Let me know your thoughts!

Do you design your own blog? What resources do you use?
Looking for some blog design help? Check out this #linkslove from Pennies & Paper for some of the best http://bit.ly/1DLZL1w (Click to Tweet)
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for sharing my link and for all of your kind words, Julia! You're so sweet and I really appreciate you! xx

    <(') Hoda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Means so much to me :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...