Outfit / Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper: Outfit / Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night

    

Outfit / Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night

Wednesday, March 18

In my opinion, the best thing about St. Patrick's Day is the fact that we are celebrating a man who rid Ireland of snakes. (Sadly, I couldn't figure out a way to work my epic snake shoes into an outfit.)

I'm not a big fan of going out for this holiday. I think Americans are more than over-obsessed with their green beer and Irish drinking songs. Let me be clear--I love Irish drinking songs, but not in the context of uncontrolled bars stuffed with Americans.

I am quite proud of be of Irish descent, but I am also proud of my Italian heritage. But I don't claim to know anything of either culture, nor do I love stereotyped clothes about them. For that reason, you won't find any "Kiss Me I'm Irish" shirts in these outfits (my Mom found a snarky "Kiss Me I'm Irish-Ish" shirt at Target, which I appreciated, but still).

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog


Day: Casual Sheep

(This is an attempted play on "casual chic"--did it work? xD)

This is an outfit I wore to class. Colorful, calls to mind Ireland, has green, but avoids the tropes of shamrocks and leprechauns and "kiss me" shirts.

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog

I'm still working out a good place to take photos in my house. This wall gets good natural light for about an hour each morning...but it's in front of my closet! I got super lazy, which you will see in every other photo, after spending a good two hours editing my closet out of this photo.

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog

Fun fact: I love wearing my Claddagh with that leather purse, because the first I got in Ireland and the latter I got in Italy :)

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog

Sheep! The little guy in the below photo is named is Ciarán, which means "dark." When I visited Ireland, my friends and I each got one.

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog

Sweater: Target | Pants: Old Navy | Heels: DSW | Necklace: Thrifted via Buffalo Exchange | Claddagh: Ireland | Purse: Italy

Night: Shamrocks & Gold

This outfit is a more subtle play on the St. Patrick's Day lore. Dark green instead of that bright spring one you see so often, and gold necklaces (which I found in the pot at the end of the rainbow.)

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog

I haven't bought pants in about four years, so all of mine have been wearing out. Mom and I took a trip to TJ Maxx where I got some super fun ones, all of which will be appearing soon: these black jeggings ($10), purple pleather American Eagle pants ($10), and super comfy zebra print Hudson jeans ($40--originally $200!). 

If you haven't noticed by now: I love black, but I also love crazy, fun clothing items.

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog

Saint Patrick's Day Outfits: Day & Night | Pennies & Paper Blog

Sweater: Thrifted Zara | Pants: TJ Maxx | Booties: Target | Rings: Ireland & Gift | Necklaces: Target & found on street (literally)


What were your St. Patrick's Day outfits? I would love to see them--post in the comments :)


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Love both outfits. Can I admit I completely forgot about St. Patricks Day and didn't wear any green? Oops lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I live in a city full of Irish-Americans, so it's nearly impossible for me not to notice...but forgetting about it is entirely understandable :)

      Delete
  2. I love your evening outfit! I would wear that any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I agree--I probably will too xD

      Delete
  3. I love both outfits and would certainly wear them both. The day time look is really more my style. Thank you for sharing and Have a Fabulous Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist crazy color combos myself :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great outfits! Love the sheep sweater!!

    Lots of love,
    golden-cor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha isn't it fun? Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Cute outfits! I was never been one to go out on St. Patrick's Day. I did wear a Michigan State shirt to be sure I had some green on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't go out too much--we have a local Irish pub that we adore, but no parades for me! Michigan State definitely works :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...