Reasons I'll Never Be a True Fashion Blogger (But I Will Try, Anyway) | Pennies & Paper: Reasons I'll Never Be a True Fashion Blogger (But I Will Try, Anyway)

    

Reasons I'll Never Be a True Fashion Blogger (But I Will Try, Anyway)

Tuesday, September 9

One--rather, two--of the best things about my apartment are the boundaries of the property. On one side is a wooden fence; to the back is a cement wall. Both are ideal backdrops for portraits (and I used them for my roommates headshots the other day) but they also remind me how much I would love to be a fashion blogger.




// Lack of money. Here, we have a big reason. I would love, love, love to buy new clothes every season. I love quite a lot of brands that I cannot afford. I'm slightly obsessed with the prints from Peter Pilotto, and whenever I walk by the Valentino on Newberry I have to fight myself not to go in. But honestly, on about $400 a month of income I just cannot afford it.



// Lack of confidence. I take my own photos, and I love doing that. (Self-timers and tripods, ftw.) But I hate going out and taking photos of myself, in public, alone. I can pose for myself for hours, but not with an unintended audience. I could pull it off if I had a partner-in-crime, but I'm equally too shy to ask anyone to join me on my fashion-photo adventures.


// Laziness & business. If you know me at all, you know I take on too many activities, AND I procrastinate. Blogging takes time, but it takes more time when you are designing outfits, taking 20-30 photos, editing said photos, and then writing the blog post.


// Honesty. I don't want to pretend I know about fashion, or that I think I'm a valid fashion blogger. I'll leave that to the experts--and there are many!

But, even given all that, I have many more reasons to do outfit posts.



// It's fun and boosts my confidence. When I have bad days, I take selfies. I usually then move to self-portraits. I'm not photogenic, so the best way I know to look happy and normal in photos is to be silly. And take about five million shots so enough turn out okay. This makes up for a lot of time distracting me from my stress and reinvigorating me.


// It challenges me. Taking outfit photos requires me to think of new outfits with what I have, often leaving me much happier with what's already in my closet. These sorts of posts also challenge me to step out of my comfort zone a little bit.




// Often, it forces me to be a goofball. Sometimes, you do have to force yourself to laugh. Even a fake smile can boost your mood :)




Do any of these ideas resonate with you? Let me know in the comments!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Haha love it. I totally try to pretend to be a tourist when ever people come on us taking ootd pics! I get so shy... yet then I post them for x amount of people to see them virtually!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...