Friday, July 18, 2014

The Friday Five: Some Link Love

I had planned a nice review of five iPhone apps I'm currently a bit infatuated with, but that will be moved to next week in light of the fact that immediately after I get off work today I am headed for New Hampshire to cross off another of my Thirty Before Thirty list--hike Mount Washington! Instead, I will leave you with a few links that I have been enjoying immensely.

// After months of nagging, I finally followed a friend's suggestion to listen to the overly clever, quirky, and nearly perfect podcast Welcome to Night Vale. I listen to the twenty minute installments when I need an intelligent pick-me-up but am too lazy to decide on a book--and I've got a lot to catch up on, since the first of the episodes was released on June 15, 2012 and the series is up to number 50!

// I think I missed a calling to be a panda caretaker, but I try to make up for it by watching as many panda videos as possible. This lovely snippet of roly-poly black-and-white fuzzballs tumbling down a slide is endlessly squee-worthy!

// My college is one of the nerdiest out there, and full of both literary and film geeks on top of that. Several of my classmates have teamed up to create The Gathering Storm, a Marader Era fan film complete with accurate costumes and permits to film in a Massachusetts castle. Shooting has wrapped, but their Facebook page is full of behind-the-scenes goodies--I cannot wait for this to be released!

// My tiny, triangular closet is an ongoing struggle for me. I take inspiration from ideas like the capsule wardrobe, but since it is unlikely I will be able to pare down my clothes that much, I also look for sneaky ways to organize my closet to fit the maximum number of items possible.

What ideas or quotes or videos caught your eye this week? I'd love to see them!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I hope that near full year of nagging wasn't too obnoxious, but I'm sure that you'll come to understand my intentions more and more the further you get into the series ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary and I listened to another episode on the drive to New Hampshire :) It's very smart and I need more intelligent writing in my life :D

      Delete