Stunner of the Month: May 2014 Unboxing & Review | Pennies & Paper: Stunner of the Month: May 2014 Unboxing & Review

    

Stunner of the Month: May 2014 Unboxing & Review

Sunday, May 25

A ways back I found a code to try a fun sunglasses subscription box, Stunner of the Month, for free. While I did love my sunglasses, the $9 a month price tag is too high for me--especially because I don't need that many sunglasses (before this new pair, I had my prescription sunglasses, my previous Stunners, and my gorgeous Smith Optics Facet sunglasses). I decided to cancel my account, although I chose the "suspend account" option. Every few months, I would get an email from Stunner of the Month: "25% off your next box!" "50% off your next box!" The one that really caught my eye read "100% off your next box!" Well, I couldn't resist that and got another month of Stunners!

Stunner of the Month

Stunner of the Month

This time around I also went with the "female" option (the other two choices being unisex or male), and I received a pair titled "The Parentheses."

                            Stunner of the Month

Stunner of the Month

They were quite cute, sitting on their little cloth bag, but once I put them on it became clear that these glasses are anything but parenthetical...

Stunner of the Month

Stunner of the Month

Stunner of the Month

Just ignore the reflection of my camera in the lenses... When essentially taking selfies, it's a bit difficult to get my polarizer lens to do what I want! Plus, it gives great insight into how I take my blog photos when I'm too lazy to set up my tripod xD

In any case, these glasses quickly turn me into a bug. The lenses take up over half my face! But I enjoy their crazy oversized quirk and will be getting some pool-side use out of these. Still, the cost to keep up with this subscription isn't worth it for someone like me, who doesn't need or want a pair of sunglasses to match every outfit. So...my subscription has gone back on the suspended account list!

For anyone who loves good sunglasses and new products at a reasonable price, I highly recomend Stunner of the Month! It's important to note that their glasses protect against 100% of UV rays and are made of polycarbonate. Many of the other >$10 sunglasses you find are not 100% effective against UV rays and/or are made of a material that can actually harm your eyes...essentially, some lens materials are just tinted without providing any protection, meaning your eyes expand because they think it's dark and ultimately end up taking in more light--something to bear in mind when choosing sunglasses!

Stunner of the Month

Have you ever tried Stunner of the Month? What do you think?

post signature

8 comments:

  1. I have never personally tried Stunner of the Month, but I have heard about them in the past. I might actually try them myself if I was ever able to get my hands on a discount code!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any blog posts about it recently, but the code that worked for me was "trystunner." I would shoot them an email to see if it still works!

      Delete
  2. Never even heard of stunner of the month, I do tend to lose my sunglasses a lot, but I probably wouldnt be super into the subscription box either. Even though they're huge, they do look kinda fun and cute on you :)
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know way too much about too many subscription boxes. If I ever have any extra income, I'm in extreme danger of losing it all to boxes xD

      Sunglasses are far too easy to lose! I have the same problem! And thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Never heard of it before, but love the idea! Yours are so cute- you rock the oversized style, darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite the fun idea :D And thank you ^_^

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Of course! Thanks for hosting such a great link-up!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...