Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Month of Instagram: January

Snow day today! While I do hate missing class because it always messes up the syllabi, and it's never good to miss work (and making money), I really can use this day off. My room is a mess, I'm slightly behind on some homework, and I had a long day of internship-yoga-homework yesterday, with internship-yoga-club-club-homework tomorrow.

Fun personal fact of the day: Boston.com reposted one of my storm pictures on Instagram! (Original can be found here.) This is the second time they've reposted one of my photos, and while I know they repost a lot of things, I find it super flattering :)

I took quite a few photos in January, but here I'll post the usual eight. You can check out all my photos in my Instagram gallery.

Montreal fireworks skiing John Singer Sargent
From left to right: New Year's fireworks in the city <> View of Montreal from Mont Royal. I spent a few days in Canada with friends at the start of January :) <> Amazing John Singer Sargent exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts (and free for me!) <> Ski trip with family.

cat Boston bagel
From left to right: One of the best parts of winter break is seeing my kitty every day. <> Snowy Boston at night. <> I went home over MLK weekend to see my best friend, Ellen, and of course get our favorite coffee and bagels. <> The beautiful view I see walking home from my internship.

Over the past few months, I've found that Instagram has helped me to identify and record some of the little, amazing things in the city. I've always said I don't like cities, and I do prefer the countryside, with its plants and animals and wide open space. But I'm coming to appreciate the cities I spend so much time in more and more.

January went too soon! I'm looking forward to February--it's my birthday month, after all--and hoping this snow continues through March :D How was your January? What are you looking forward to in February?

4 comments:

  1. I love this! So jealous that you got to see the Sargent exhibit - it was on my list but I missed it by a couple of days :( Looks like you had a great month though! Check out my Instagram roundup for January: http://moreawesomerblog.com/2014/02/01/monthstagram-january/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss awesome exhibits at the MFA all the time...I really need to put in more of an effort to get there! I did have a good month, thank you :) Checking yours out now!

      Delete
  2. January seriously FLEW by! Looking forward to my boyfriends birthday (And so BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH)
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a love/hate relationship with how quickly time goes by! Happy birthday to your boyfriend! And thank you for the birthday wishes :D

      Delete