Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Liebster Award--I've Been Nominated!

Exactly a week ago, Lindsey from More Awesomer (which is truly an awesome blog!) nominated me for a Liebster Award! You may have seen this award floating around the blogophere. It's one of my favorites, so I'm super happy to be able to say my first blog award was the Liebster :)

For those who don't know, the Liebster Award is given by a nominated blogger to ten other up-and-coming blogs. The word "liebster" means "darling," "dearest," or "sweetheart" in German. The rules are as follows: link back to the person who nominated you, answer the ten questions given to you, nominate ten blogs with under two hundred followers, and give them ten questions.


Favorite sick day movie?
Mulan all the way. When I'm sick I need a happy movie that's easy to follow, and classic Disney films definitely fit the bill :) (Actually, I'm a bit sick today...so maybe I should go see if it's on Netflix...)

What is your crazy unrealistic dream job?
I have three actually, and they're a little different: senior editor at Penguin Random House, editor-in-chief of National Geographic, and a writer for Doctor Who

If you could go anywhere with anyone for a weekend, who would you take and where would you go?
I would take my best friend, Ellen, and we would go to St. Petersburg. Ellen and I have a love affair of Russia, and while a weekend certainly wouldn't be enough it would be a good start.

List three of your favorite albums of all time.
The Beatles ("The White Album") by The Beatles
To The Faithful Departed by The Cranberries
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance

How did you pick your blog name?
I've had multiple blogs over the years. My two primary ones were a personal finance and frugality blog called "Penny-Pinching Perfection" and a literary and hobby one called "Ink & Paper World." When I was accepted to be a part of HCBN I decided to combine my blogs into one, larger, more general blog called "Pennies & Paper."

What's the best thing you have ever eaten?
Oof. This is a nearly impossible questions to answer. I love food! But the fresh-caught sea bass I had at a tiny restaurant in Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy is definitely one of the best things I've ever eaten.

If you could master one skill in a day (an instrument, a language, etc) what would it be?
Ever since studying abroad in The Netherlands, I've wanted to learn Dutch. Although learning any language, in a day or in several years, would make me super happy.

If you could go to a carnival with three people alive or dead, who would you go with?
Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Hiddleston, and Neil Gaiman. There are tons of people both alive and dead I would love to meet, but these three seem to fit in particularly well at a carnival :)

Favorite Skittle flavor?
Well, it was lime. But that flavor no longer exists and I haven't tried the green apple yet, so I'll go with the orange.

Favorite quote of all time?
This is such a hard one for me! I love quotes so much and constantly change which I consider my favorite. But a quote I consistently come back to is from an Emily Dickinson poem: "Forever is composed of nows." It's something I need to work on remembering.

Nominations:

Questions:
What song is currently stuck in your head?
What is your plan in case of a zombie apocalypse?
What time period would you want to live in besides this one?
What is your favorite meal of the day?
Why did you start blogging?
Favorite social media platform?
What was/is your favorite subject in high school?
Favorite place you have visited so far?
What book have you read most recently (or are currently reading)?
Netflix or Hulu?






6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award! You are definitely deserving of it :-) btw Mulan is definitely a great go-to sick day movie! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're too sweet ^_^ And yesss it's totally the best :D "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is also my go-to cheer-up song haha

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award! It was cool reading this and getting to know you a little better. I love that you merged your two blogs - the name turned out SO cute!! :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Megan! I'm glad you like the blog name :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being nominated! I just discovered your blog through the HCBN and I am loving it! :)
    xxAlissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The HCBN is the best for finding new blogs :D Glad you're enjoying it so far (and I may or may not be writing a comment on your blog as I type this one xD)

      Delete