Books / The Friday Five: 2014 YA Books I'm Anticipating | Pennies & Paper: Books / The Friday Five: 2014 YA Books I'm Anticipating

    

Books / The Friday Five: 2014 YA Books I'm Anticipating

Friday, January 24

It's been a looong week. I started my new internship yesterday (editorial for a cheese magazine!) and my first shift at my on-campus job today (tour guide!), not to mention all my clubs started and my classes really took off. And while it's been a good sort of busy, I need to take a moment to step back and relax...which for me means I'm doing a post about books :D

Enders by Lissa Price
Delacorte || January 7th

Although already published, I haven't had the chance to get my hands on it yet! I really enjoyed Starters, which I picked up at the 2013 Boston Book Festival after seeing a panel with the author. I love a good sci-fi YA and need to read the conclusion of Callie's story!
Vitro by Jessica Khoury
Rozorbill || January 14th

Yes, technically it's already out, and technically I've already read it (I was lucky enough to get an e-galley through Penguin's First to Read program). But I saw Jessica Khoury speak at the 2013 Boston Book Festival (she was adorable and super fun) and I can tell you this is just as inventive as her first book, Origins, so it deserves a mention.

The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
Delacorte || April 8th

I'll be honest--this one made the list for purely sentimental reasons. It's Ann Brashares first teen book since the conclusion of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Need I say more?

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Margaret K. McElderry || May 27th

Another full disclosure--I haven't read any book in this series! It's been on my list for ages, and with the final book coming out so soon, it's high time I hit the library and pick up the first five books. But I can't help but be excited about the final installment of such a well-known and well-loved series :)

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
Little, Brown || August 5th

I am a Libba Bray fanatic. A Great and Terrible Beauty remains one of my favorite books to this day, and I have bought several books solely because Libba Bray wrote short stories for them. I actually only started The Diviners today...but I have a good seven months before the sequel comes out.

A few other important book lists for 2014 that you may be interested in:

What books, YA or otherwise, are you looking forward to being published?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...