The Friday Five: Books to Read During Break | Pennies & Paper: The Friday Five: Books to Read During Break

    

The Friday Five: Books to Read During Break

Friday, December 27

I have a long, nearly impossible list of things to accomplish this break...complete a sewing project, clean my room, clean out my computer, prepare for my upcoming internship and job...but the one thing I hope I can cross off on my list (and am on the way to completing) is to read and review five books. This is partially a book blog, and it's been a long time since I've done a book-related post! So here are the five books I hope to completely read and review before the end of break :)

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This one I've actually finished reading (re-reading, I should say). I knew exactly what was going to happen, but I cried again anyway--sign of a near-perfect book!

Vitro by Jessica Khoury. I saw this author speak at the Boston Book Festival and have since read her debut novel, Origins. I loved that one, so was super happy when the Penguin First to Read program selected me to get an e-galley of her next book (I lose access to it January 14th).

Converge by Bob Lord & Ray Velez. I picked this up when Bob Lord came and spoke at my internship. Definitely interesting but not my usual book preference, so it's taking me a little longer to get through than I'd like.

Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler. I read part of this in middle school when I first discovered Wicca, witchcraft, and Neo-Paganism. I am still fascinated by this topic, and by religion in general, but I think this was too long and dry for me when I first tried it. Enjoying it much more this time around!

Autobiography of Mark Twain by Mark Twain. I received this the Christmas after it was published, and I STILL haven't read it! Shame on me, and if I don't finish it I'm bringing it back to school with me (great incentive to finish it now...this book is huge).

What are some books you're reading this break? Have you read any of the ones on my list?




2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to read The Fault in Our Stars! I love Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Paper Towns by him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that I still haven't read Will Grayson, Will Grayson? I think it's the only John Green book I have not read. I think The Fault in Our Stars is my favorite, followed by a tie between Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska. An Abundance of Katherines is good, just not AS good.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...