The Friday Five: What I Love This Week | Pennies & Paper: The Friday Five: What I Love This Week

    

The Friday Five: What I Love This Week

Friday, November 8

Since I'm required to post at least once a week in order to be in the HCBN, I thought it might be nice to start a "Friday Five" post. That way, I have a tentative schedule, but the post is still vague enough that I can talk about whatever I want :) This week, I thought I'd discuss a few things I've been totally obsessed with:

Armageddon in Retrospect by Kurt Vonnegut - This book is a conglomeration of Vonnegut's final speech, short stories, and art work. I've read a lot of Kurt Vonnegut's books in the past and was so excited to discover this on my roommate's bookshelf. I had to make rules about when I could read it, to make sure my homework actually got done!

"I See You, You're Walking Cross the Campus" Playlist - Listen to it here! A friend sent me this as essay-writing music. I just can't stop listening to it! There are so many quality songs in here by Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, and so many more.

Duolingo - I discovered this early on Monday, and have been spending almost every spare moment working on my Spanish. Duolingo is a free language learning program that is set up like a game. For English speakers they offer Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, and German. I highly recommend you check it out!

Pacifica Body Butters - I picked two of these up at Marshall's for $2.99 each (normally $7.00 each) and have been using a little bit each day on my elbows and knees especially. They've been helping me have somewhat softer skin, despite the terrible dry air in my dorms.

Happy Bookish Things - Check out this video from the Antwerp Book Festival for some pure awesomeness. And read this BBC article about booksellers continuing to fight against Amazon.

Her Campus also sends us some fun links each week. Here are my favorites from that list:

What articles, videos, websites, books, products, anything did you love this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...