Review / Gillette Venus + Olay Sugarberry Razor | Pennies & Paper: Review / Gillette Venus + Olay Sugarberry Razor

    

Review / Gillette Venus + Olay Sugarberry Razor

Thursday, June 6

When BzzAgent emailed me to say I would be receiving a razor, I was quite excited. They are so expensive, and with two I can leave one at home and use one for travel. Unfortunately, the Venus & Olay Sugarberry Razor will not really work for me.

DSC_2717

DSC_2720

I tried this razor over the course of a week. I like that it came with a wall holder (most brands do), and I liked the idea of a built-in moisturizer. The first time I used it, I couldn't help notice the sheer size of the razor head. It didn't feel like I was shaving (which is both good and bad), it felt afterwards like I had put lotion on (which I love), and I hated the smell but it didn't linger. In fact, the smell entirely disappeared after the first use, which was good for me but bad as a sign of the product's quality.

It soon became apparent that the bulky head was good only for legs, and impractical for any of the other, multiple body parts that many women shave. In addition, the razor does not shave very closely, and I have to press down at a strange angle to ensure a shave, which makes me worry that I will badly cut myself.

to show the awkward shaving
to show the awkward shaving

I will continue to use this product to get soft, moisturized legs, but will not be buying it in the future, nor will I recommend it to women who shave more than just their legs.

Disclaimer: I received these products free from BzzAgent for review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...