Review / Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure | Pennies & Paper: Review / Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure

    

Review / Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure

Wednesday, June 5

One of the products from my Influenster Spring Fever VoxBox that I was most excited about trying was the Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure. My pattern is from a signature series by Nicole Scherzinger (sorry...who?) called "Get Into It".
DSC_2533

I quite liked the idea of having fake nails again, and the pattern was quite fun. I had acrylics for years but hate the toxicity of the product and the price, so I was very much looking forward to these.

Initially, the most difficult task was finding the size. They are not labeled or organized or anything. I still am not sure if I chose the best size for each nail! However, application was ridiculously easy. Swipe each nail with the preparation pad, take the backing off each nail, stick, and hold.

Unfortunately, it soon became apparent that I was asking too much of these nails. I put them on just before my brother's graduation party, and after three hours I had lost four of the nails. I tried to stick them back on, but no luck, and I was too busy to find the correct sizes again. These are supposed to last a week; I can think of two reasons these failed me.

1.) My nails are extremely short. I had this problem with my acrylics, too - unless I let my nails grow out before getting them put on, my acrylics would fall off in about a week or two, when they were supposed to last four. My nail people kept telling me to stop biting mine so the fake ones would stay longer.

2.) I was not gentle enough. I use my hands a lot and not very gently. Especially when helping my parents with the party, I was not as careful as I should have been!

I took the rest of them off the next morning. I am happy to say they came off easily and did not damage my natural nails.

So, these nails will not serve me in place of acrylics. They will, however, be kept on hand (no pun intended) in case of events were I need nice nails in a flash! I would recommend these for special events, and perhaps girls with longer, stronger nails can wear them for a week.
DSC_2534

The description on the Influenster website reads:

 Introducing imPRESS Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails, the revolutionary way to apply polish! Featuring advanced nail technology, you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds – simply peel off, press on, and you're done. There's no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week! And, imPRESS is so easy to remove, you can change it up to match your mood as often as you want. Check out all colors and patterns, including trendy brights, classic darks and animal prints. With imPRESS, your nails will always be your best accessory.

imPress Manicure retails for $5.99 for colors and $7.99 for patterns, and is available at CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, KMart, Walgreens, Walmart and more. For a full list of online and in-store retailers, visit imPressManicure.com, where you can download an exclusive coupon and virtually try on all the colors and patterns!

Visit the imPress Website for information, videos, and a $1 off coupon!

Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes from Influenster. voxbox-blogimage-popup2

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of them, either. :/ And I for one think the patterns are ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think I like the solids better. I found one pattern I really like. Mine was fun but not very practical for matching outfits...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...