Review / Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes in Smores | Pennies & Paper: Review / Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes in Smores

    

Review / Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes in Smores

Sunday, May 26

One of the products in my Spring Fever VoxBox from Influenster was a Tastykake Kandy Bar Kake! My particular one was in the flavor Smores, and according to the packaging is made with real Hershey's cocoa. (Unfortunately, one of the reasons I'm forced to do this review so quickly is because the bar had been expired by a few days by the time I received it. Influenster apparently had some shipping delays.)

According to the Influenster website:

"Kandy Bar Kakes are the best of both worlds. Light and fluffy chocolate enrobed cakes come in a unique kandy bar shape with a delicious créme filling made with your favorite candy flavors. Available in S'mores, Peppermint, and Peanut Butter flavor.

 Available at grocery and convenience stores across America."



[gallery type="slideshow" columns="1" ids="1148,1149,1150,1151"]

The cake is a great size, and I made sure I had had lunch first so I didn't devour the whole thing in one gulp. I like desserts like cookies frozen, so I cut off a small piece and put it in the freezer. Still, the portion I left for my after-lunch treat went very quickly! It was a litte dry, but I'm very partial to that fake, highly sugary cream in the middle - it reminded me of the guilty pleasure treats I grew up on, Hostess cakes! I did not LOVE this item, but I liked it enough to want to try the other two flavors - York and Reese's. (I have a sneaking suspicion I would LOVE the Reese's one xD). Kandy Bar Kakes would be great for kids, as a snack, at work, on a picnic - they pack so easy, although they can be easily crushed, and most people will like them.

The frozen piece, by the way, ended up making me feel like I was eating a chocolate covered ice cream snack, with some cake thrown in. Delicious!

There are two main reasons this will probably not become a staple snack for me. First of all I am concerned about the nutritional info. That cake, which is about an inch tall, and inch deep, and four inches long, packs 260 calories, 11 grams of fat (including 7 grams of saturated fat), 20 milligrams of cholesterol, 150 milligrams of sodium, and 25 grams of sugar. That's a lot of bad things for a small snack, and it only has 3 grams of protein to redeem it! Secondly, Tastykake products are apparently not sold in my state, and while they are sold in the states around me, this fact makes it highly unlikely that I'll get around to buying them ever. To top it off, the single-serving price is a bit high (although the family pack is much more reasonable).

Overall, I would definitely not say no to another Tastykake - every once in a while, and if I can find one!

You can visit the Tastykake website and see what other products they have to offer or if they have a store near you.

Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes from Influenster.

voxbox-blogimage-popup2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...