Review / Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It | Pennies & Paper: Review / Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It

    

Review / Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It

Saturday, June 1

And with a photo posted to Schwarzkopf's Facebook page, I have completed all of the tasks listed by Influenster that I can. The rest require iPhones, which I do not have.

[caption id="attachment_1275" align="aligncenter" width="594"]photo posted to the Schwarzkopf page photo posted to the Schwarzkopf page[/caption]

One of the items in my Influenster Spring Fever VoxBox was this OSiS+ Dust It by Schwarzkopf. In addition to interesting brand styling, the bottle itself is quite strange.

[caption id="attachment_1277" align="aligncenter" width="285"]OSiS+ Dust It (with sneak peek of my Impress Press-On Manicure!) OSiS+ Dust It (with sneak peek of my Impress Press-On Manicure!)[/caption]
CSC_2651

This product was described in various places on the packaging as a "mattifying power" with "light control", "texture", "soft matt effect", "long lasting hold", "natural feel", and "24 hour volume effect". (It turns out I should have payed more attention to that last one!)

The product came with no instructions other than "shake gently before use". I had to do some research on blogs and YouTube before I concluded that the two application types seem to be either shake a little in your hand and run through your roots or apply directly to your scalp. I tried a little of each. (I found out afterwards that the product page on Influenster has quite detailed instructions,which I will post below. Oops!)

Once in my hair, this definitely did not have a natural feel. In fact, I quite hated it and could tell there was a very foreign product in my hair the entire time. The powder sticks like a hairspray as soon as it touches your hair, although I did have a few seconds to try to shake it around a little bit. For a long time afterwards, and even after I took two showers, vigorously scrubbing with shampoo and conditioner, I could feel a fine grit layered over my scalp. It was very uncomfortable and I did not like how this product refused to be washed out!

That being said, this powder does add volume. I don't have a problem with too much shine, but I can definitely see how this product would have a matt effect. I should admit that I can get my hair to do what the Dust It powder made it do just by ruffling it a little bit, but this product made the effect quite permanent.

While I didn't particularly like this product, I am clearly not the target demographic. I do not lack texture or volume, and I have no problem with light control. This appears to work much better on people with fine hair, from what I've  seen online. It would be great for an 80's style hairdo, so I'll be holding onto this product for Halloweens.

Here is the product information and instructions from the Influenster website:



Benefits:



  • Incredible root lift


  • Light-weight powder to texturize


  • Soft matte effect


  • Control & separation


  • Long lasting hold & texture


  • Versatile control effect: the more you apply the more control you get

Ingredients:

Innovative formula with Silica is responsible for the strong matte feeling & volume which makes this product unique and a must have.

Application:




  • For instant root lift and volume, sprinkle small amount adding more where needed

  • For more texture and control, rub the powder into your hand, and apply to desired areas

  • Apply to dry hair

  • Style and texture as preferred

Finishing Tip:





  • Turn the head up-side-down, apply like salt & pepper, distribute into the roots for a strong and wild finish

  • For a stronger matte look apply product into damp hair. Rake into shape and leave to dry naturally

If you'd like to see more products from this company, visit the Schwarzkopf Professional Website!


Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes from Influenster.
voxbox-blogimage-popup2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment--they are the highlight of my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...